Wednesday, October 8, 2008

"Tagged"

I was browsing blogs a couple of days ago and came across my sister's, blog. Courtney had been "Tagged" by one of her friends . Apparently "Tagged" is a challenge to write six interesting things about yourself. Courtney's six tid bits about herself were so funny!!! Thanks Courts for the tag. I am always up of a challenge so, here goes...

1- I secretly want to live the life of a surfer girl. I love the beach and the ocean! The ebb and flow of the water never tires me. I love the smells, the sand, the sounds, the peace, and the feel of the waves as the water pulls you! The ocean captivates me and I find myself thinking about surfing often. Like I said before I love a challenge, and surfing is one of the most challenging sports I have ever tried. "Tried" is the key word...you see I have only surfed once, yes once! I know I am such a nerd to be so in love with a sport that done only one time. But, I think I could be really good at it!

2- You know the silly question "If you knew you were dying tomorrow...what would you last meal be?" Well, my last meal would consist of steamed artichokes dipped in real butter, sweet snow crab legs dipped in real butter (none of the fake stuff!), and like 20 cream brule's. Why 20? Because my favorite part of the cream Brule is the top. The crunchy, golden, brown, sugar on the top with a little of the cream underneath is divine!! I need at least 20 to be satisfied!

3- Wide open spaces make me want to do acrobats. Yes, my inner gymnast wants to come out in open fields, gymnasiums, parking lots, and even in my own front room. It doesn't matter what I do, hand stands, back hand springs, or cartwheels ,it is all fun to me. I suppress the urge often in fear of making a fool out of myself, or embarrassing the people I am with, but every once and a while I can't help myself, and I go for it!! Once,Thomas saw me doing handstands in the front room and he asked me to help him do one. That lead to a handstand contest. After we were done he put his little hands on my face and said, "Mom, you are the cutest girl ever in the world!" Oh, make my heart melt! I guess that my acrobats are good for something, my kids now think that I am the coolest mom in the world!

4- Not a surprise... I love to EXERCISE!! I love it! It is my sanity! I swim, bike, run, weight lift, I love yoga and Pilates! I love my spinning class, and kick boxing. All of it. I'am willing to try anything that involves exercising my body! Oh, and I love to race! I have done several triathlons(The Buryl Spudman is the most fun!), couple of half marathons (The race to Robie Creek was my favorite) and this last summer I was part of a relay team the ran 189 miles in the Wasatch Back Ragnar Relay. Our team finished 54 th out of 600 teams!

5- I want to have a second home in Ireland! More specifically Thomas Town, Ireland. Not because of the name, but because, to me, it is the most beautiful place on the earth.

6 - A few things that make me happy... really good food, mowing my lawn, shopping with my sisters (that includes all you sister in laws too!), good smells, symmetry, reading to my kids, a clean and organized home, the Gospel, the sound of my kids laughing and playing together, good night kisses, and BRAD!!

Now it is my turn to tag...Melissa Niu, Stephanie Smith, Jennifer Smith, Lindsay Taft, Krista Tobler and Jennifer Souter. Have fun girls!

11 comments:

Charlotte said...

I definately didn't know some of those things! Very fun :)

Jen said...

i really think you need to move closer to me so you can get my fanny in shape. i like to exercise too but need some major motivation.

johnandcourtney said...

I love you! My last meal would be exactly the same, but replace the crem brulee with cheesecake. We must be sisters.

Tara said...

Ahh... I didn't get tagged!
I guess I'm off the hook for now!

Those are very interesting tidbits!

I especially liked the one about gymnastics!

:)

Jeff and Angela Boyle said...

I think I know most of those things about you. The surfer girl thing was the only thing that I didn't know, but now that I do know, seems completely appropriate for you! Love you!

SPARKY said...

hey cute girl. great post. i think on the whole...last meal thing, we are kindred spirits. i mean, is there anything better than the top of creme brulee?
i'll get started on that tag. hope you are doing well. oh, and is there anyway you could some how rub off that "love" of exercise on me? i've fallen out of love over the years...getting back to it

Anonymous said...

I love the things about you! I will start working on mine and blog them soon....

Laura Hyde said...

I love these things...they give such delightful insight into the lives of friends. Thank you for taking your tag seriously. I enjoyed it.

The Bornies said...

Hahahaha! I've seen the gymnastic side in you a couple of times and I have to agree with your kids! By the way....I love your new blog!! (VERY you!)
Love,
Sonni

johnandcourtney said...

Z- I love love love the new header...who taugth you how to do that?

Melissa Niu said...

Haaaaaaa! I love it, surfer girl! It was so good to see you guys, as usual. thanks for making the trip down. By the way, love the new blog :-)