Wednesday, October 22, 2008

911


Me and My Mischievous Thomas

Yesterday, Thomas sat by me on the couch and said "Mom...911 calls the Mystery Machine (A Scooby Doo reference. He is a huge Scooby Doo fan!) I was a little puzzled! Then my mommy senses went off and I ,with shock and a little anger, asked if he called 911 AGAIN???
You see this would not be his first offence...he has done this a couple of times in the last month or so. A puppy eyed Thomas looked up at me and said " Yes Mommy. I sorry, I wont do it again." "Thomas I said 911 is only for emergencies, like if our house is on fire, or Tyler is REALLY hurt, or if Mommy is lying on the ground and cannot talk to you, THEN it is OK to call 911". You see since Thomas has already done this a couple of times, I know that 911 calls you back to see if everything is OK in your home. But this time no call. I didn't think anything of it so I settled back in on the couch getting caught up on Survivor that I had Tivo-ed last week, when out of the corner of my eye I saw two police men walking across my lawn. Thomas saw it too and his eyes lit up. "I don't want them to take me to jail Mommy! I don't want to go with them." I didn't respond to Thomas. I thought the natural consequences that were going to happen the next few moments would teach him soooooo much more than I could. I got off of the couch and opened the door. Thomas' little body clung to the back of my leg. He peered out from behind me to see the big policemen. "Hello Mam" said one of the police officers "is everything alright?" "Yes" I answered " I just have a little 4 year old who wanted to call Scooby Doo." Thomas came out and shook their hands and said "I'll never do it again. I'm sorry... I promise...I'm so sorry. I just wanted to call the Mystery Machine. I don't want to go to jail." The two Police men got a chuckle out of his apology. Needless to say, Thomas is not in jail, and I don't think he'll be calling Scooby Doo any more!

6 comments:

McKinley's said...

Oh Erin that is hilarious! Ahh kids, they fill our lives with so many memorable moments.
glenna

johnandcourtney said...

WOW! That is unforgettable. I love it, in trouble with the law already...just kidding.

johnandcourtney said...

Uncle Drew and Uncle Scott would be so proud.

The Bornies said...

HAHAHAHAHA!!!! That's awesome!! Bet that was the best explanation the cops have ever heard!!

Jen said...

the little stinker. don't you love it when kids do stuff like that. sounds like he learned his lesson.

Anonymous said...

Oh geez, that is a great story! I didn't even see the police cars outside (I usually spot them but they haven't been here for a while)!