Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Thomas's First Day of School!


Thomas had to wait a week longer than Tyler to start school. Needless to say he was so ready and excited when today finally came.

Tyler and I had a special night together getting everything ready for Thomas' big day.

His teacher had a treasure hunt for each of the kids and their parents to do to get familiar with the preschool room. Here is Thomas in the middle of the treasure hunt doing a project to receive his treasure.

This is the project he was working on. Look at the cute picture he drew of himself, and his big kid hand print. Great Job Thomas!!
I get a sweet hug from my Thomas at the end of the treasure hunt.
This is so rewarding to me!
Being able to be there for my kids, with my kids, through the big milestones, the small triumphs, even the challenges and hardships in their lives, that is what life is all about!
Today was a MILESTONE Day!
I love being their mom!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, you are on top of things! Cute pictures! I am sure the kids are going to have fun again this year in preschool!

Unknown said...

That self portrait of Thomas KILLED me! So adorable. His hair, was seriously the best!

Erik and Tammy said...

You are such a great mom!

McKinley's said...

What a great idea. I love that you make starting the school year a celebration.
glenna

Erin said...

Yeah Thomas! I looked at some past posts too and I am SO GLAD he got to run a race!! Woo hoo! He is destined to follow in his awesome Mom's footsteps! love, the other erin (m.)