Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Thomas Plays In His First Soccer Game!


My sweet, four year old Thomas started soccer today. He was beyond excited. Earlier today he and I went to the sports store to get him a soccer ball, soccer bag, and his shin guards. He wanted to wear his uniform all day, but we decided it would be best (for the sake of keeping it clean) to wait until after Tyler got home from school to put it on. Which he did, proudly!

Here he is warming up for the game.

Thomas scored the first goal of the game. His first goal ever. I was so excited for him. When I asked him later tonight what the best part of his day was, he replied "When I scored my goal. I felt happy" I think this might be something he always remembers.

Pushing the fluids before returning to the game.

This is Thomas friend Reed. Thomas is thrilled that they are on the same team. During the game Reed got hurt. Both he and Thomas were on the sideline waiting to go back in when I heard Thomas say to Reed "Are you OK little buddy ... It's going to be OK little buddy" So Cute! They have such a fun friendship.

5 comments:

Jana Sohm said...

Erin- I just got on to your blog, and it is so cute! I love all of your pictures w/your family. Your boys are darling!! It was so fun chatting w/ you at La Caille. Feel free to add me to your list, then we can keep in touch! www.supersohm.blogspot.com. Talk to you!
-Jana

Tara said...

How fun! I'm excited for these days with my girls! You are such a wonderful mommy! Congratulations on having a tremendous son!

Unknown said...

Oh my heck - Thomas is 4??? He could be the cutest four year old Ive ever seen! Little sports are pretty much the most entertaining activities to watch EVER!

Jen Souter said...

Soccer already! I can't believe he is playing it! I bet he just loves it! What a fun and cute little boy! Love ya Jen

Jme said...

Way to go Thomas! Scoring a goal makes the whole game so much more fun! Such cute pictures.