Monday, August 25, 2008

A Proud Day For Mom!


This is a day that I want to remember.
About a week prior to this photo, Tyler was with me at Costco. He was browsing through the toys when he found this Crayola Color Wonder Sprayer. He showed it to me and nicely tried to get me to buy it for him right then and there. I asked Tyler if he had the ten dollars that the toy cost. He said "no". I told Tyler that he could earn the money by doing some work around the house, or that he could ask for it for Christmas or his birthday (the response that I usually give when the boys ask me for something at the store) but we were not going to bring it home that day. Tyler was not satisfied with my response at all. In fact he was so MAD!!! Tyler and I fought about this almost every day for the whole week. I was so sick of this same conversation (aka fight) with him! Then, after five days, instead of our usual "conversation" Tyler told me that he wanted to do some jobs to earn the money for the toy. I couldn't believe it! My parenting worked. I held my ground, and he learned the principle! That day Tyler picked up apples in the back yard, he vacuumed his room and our front room, and he emptied the dish washer all to earn his toy. Right when he wad done working we got in the car and headed back to Costco to get his toy with his money!!
HE DID IT!!!

3 comments:

Erik and Tammy said...

Good for you! What a good example.

Jeff and Angela Boyle said...

Way to go, TY!!!!

Jme said...

Isn't it wonderful when it works?! It makes all the disagreements etc worth while.