Sunday, August 17, 2008

Meeting Mike


Our last night at the Homestead, after a wonderful dinner, we were able to hear a speaker by the name of Mike Schalppi. Mike is a paraplegic and a four time Olympian with two gold metals and two bronze. He has an incredible story and an amazing outlook of life. I pray that I am able to take what he said and apply it to my life, and more importantly help my son use it throughout his life!
http://www.mikeschlappi.com/

Mike let Tyler and Thomas wear his metals and help him during his presentation.


I was hoping that this experience would have an impact on Tyler. I thought I might never know, but this morning Tyler said out of the blue "I got to wear the gold metal. Mike is in a wheel chair like me." I asked Ty "How did that make you feel?" Tyler answered " It made me feel good inside." Mike, Thank you for the hope and inspiration that you have given our family!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is wonderful! There are some really great people out there! And you and your family are some of them!

johnandcourtney said...

I almost started crying. I love you so much and I am so glad I am your sister. You are the best mother I know....well....next to mom.

Jme said...

That is so awesome! I love that there are amazing people that do the most amazing things and then share their experiences with the rest of us. I am always inspired by them.