Sunday, September 21, 2008

Brad and Erin - 11 Years of Marriage

Erin is what I would call extremely low maintenance. After 11 years, all she asked me for was to blog about our time together the last 11 years of marriage and almost 2 years of courting. To say the least, they have been wonderful. I could not ask for a better partner to be with and take on this wonderful adventure we call life.

I met Erin pretty quick after returning from my mission in Sapporro, Japan. I was smitten right away...she was always happy and smiling. I remember the first time I saw her. I was finished with my day at BSU and was walking towards the Institute parking lot. Her friend (Kathy Nelson Johnson) was walking next to her, but was paying attention to some guy. Erin looked at me and smiled, and I thought, "now that is a girl I could take out". A few days later, Kathy set us up to go on a date because she wanted to take out my brother Dougon (Jeff). It did not work out so well for Jeff and Kathy but Erin and I did not "really" stop dating for the next 20 months.





During those twenty months we had a great time travleing around with family and friends. And we honestly have not stopped traveling ever since. I remember when Erin and I were married I had been to more countries than she had states. These pictures above are us in St. George, Utah, Sun Valley, Idaho and Las Vegas, NV. I knew that she was a keeper when my dad was concerned whenver Erin was not around.


I had a wonderful time dating Erin, but knew she did not want to be a girlfriend forever. We got engaged at the Boise River Festival in the summer of 1997. It was a fun night out with Jeff and his date. We went back to the Ericksons and told Erin's parents that we were engaged. I do not have very many regrets in life, but I do wish that I would have asked Bob and Alice for their permission. I think Bob was dissapointed as well because he went right back to bed after tapping on the shoulder and saying, "take good care of her".

The picture above is one of the photos from our many shots that my father took for us. Erin is very proud of the fact that we did not spend more than $5000 on our wedding. My dad's photography skills helped out in that endeavour. Dad you did a great job!


We did however hire a professional (one who is paid, Dad you are just as good just not taking money for your sevices :>) for our wedding day and the night before. This picture is of Erin and I right after the Temple Ceremony outside the Boise Temple. For fun, Erin put her wedding dress back on last night and the boys were very excited. Thomas asked if we would get married again so he could see it. Although disapointed that we could not do it again, he did tell his mom that she is beautiful. I agree whole heartedly.
This picture was taken the night before at Kathryn Albertson Park. Of all the wedding memories this one sticks out the most. It was such a beautiful night and Erin was so happy, I could not have asked for anything more.

4 comments:

Jeff and Angela Boyle said...

Isn't it crazy how much time flies? Congrats on making past counting on just 2 hands! Love the pictures - they are so retro!

Erik and Tammy said...

Congratulations! I would give my left arm to extract such thought and explanation from Erik about our marriage. Your family is such an asset to us!

The Bornies said...

Congratulations guys!! Thanks for sharing the photos! (you two have always looked great together) AND....Good job with the blog Brad ;-)

Anonymous said...

This is one of the best posts I have read in a while, good job Brad! You do have a great wife! I love the pictures of you two!