Monday, November 24, 2008

They Said What?

I have always thought that it would be fun to write down the cute things that my kids say so I would never forget how they make me melt inside of just feel tickled with silliness because of something that they said. "They Said What" is a post that my sister- in- law, Emily, posts weekly. I am going to borrow the idea. Thanks Em!

*Thomas woke up the other morning in a very whiny mood. I heard him in the kitchen getting out some food. When I walked in he was there holding a bag of sugar cookie mix. He cried when I told him that we were not having cookies for breakfast. When he said "It breaks my heart that you not let me make these for breakfast."

* Brad was trying to get Thomas to put on his shoes. Brad could see that the situation was turning sour, so he tried using flattery on Thomas by saying..."You are a smart boy Thomas! And, it would be a SMART decision to wear shoes. When Thomas replied "I don't want to be smart, I just want to be happy!"

*One of my favorites is when Thomas looks at me, puts his pointer finger up in the air and says..."I have a great idea!" His ideas always are quite creative and GREAT!

*I also love it when Thomas lays down next to me and asks for a "back scrub". It is his clever combination for the word in between a back scratch and a back rub. It is now Boyle Family terminology.

*My sweet Tyler...Talk about making my heart melt! I must hear about 20 times a day (without ever tiring of the sweetness) "You're the best Mom on
earf" and "You're Beauful" (those are not misspellings, just the endearing way that Tyler speaks!)
It is the BEST to hear that you are beautiful, and the best Mom on earth all of the time!

4 comments:

Jen said...

what a great idea!(can you see my finger in the air?) HA!

seriously, though, that is a reat idea. i write things every now and then that the kids say or do but not as often as i should.

Laura Hyde said...

You have to keep these coming. How adorable! The cookie story is my favorite. I can see how that could break your heart.

ericksonsanddaughter said...

I love it. I have been trying to come up with a clever way to post those funny things. I have been writing them down in a notebook. I just might have to copy Em as well. Love your blog. Thanks for encouraging me to do one. I have lots to learn still but it really is a blast!
Love you and hope to see you this week!
Janet

Beverly said...

So grateful you are recording the cute, wonderful, touching, fun things the boys say. Tyler and Thomas will laugh with you when you read them a few years down the road.
Great job recording all our fun events in Boise, also.
Thanks for all your wonderful desserts, your morning til night help in the kitchen and your great attitude of gratitude at the end of our Thanksgiving dinner. Love, Grandma Bev