Sunday, July 27, 2008

Baby Chase

This is our new cousin, Chase Courtney Brown. He is Bella's new brother, and my sister, Courtney and John Brown's son.
Chase was born June 26th, 2008. He was only 4 pounds 9 ounces, and 18 inches long. TINY!! That is Tyler's huge hand on Chase's chest.
We all love him so much. And we are so glad that he came to our family!
This encounter made my heart leap with pure joy. Thomas was in Boise for six days, and then it was Tyler's turn at Grandma's for another six days. My boys had not seen each other in so long. I guess that the old adage "Absence makes the heart grow fonder" is true even for little brothers. When they saw each other and started hollering the others names from across the yard, a chill of happiness ran through my body! Thomas ran over to Tyler and tackled him. Tyler asked Thomas to sit down and play bubbles with him. What was this I was seeing? My boys...friends? I guess it is possible!!!!

So happy together.... at least for a little while.

No comments: