Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Years at Powder Mountain


My Mom's rented a cabin for our whole family, so we could spend new years together. It was her Christmas gift to all of us. It was four fun filled days, of skiing, laughing, eating, sledding, snow shoeing, hot tubing, playing games, watching football, and we even had a totally fun karaoke contest. Here are some of the highlights of the week.


Our first night there was New Years Eve. We had a Cooking Throw Down!
(All of you Food Network watchers will know what I an talking about!)
Each person picked an appetizer or a desert to prepare, and then we judged each dish.
On presentation, Originality, and of course...Taste!

It was a blast all being in the kitchen together!
Brad's peanut brittle took several tries to get it just right, but when he finally did...WOW!
He was so funny to watch!

I made crab and cream cheese filled wantons, with my own special dipping sauces.
My brother, Scott made several different kinds of "sushi".

But the winner in my opinion, was my sister in law. Jenny's crab cakes. They were unbelievable!

Brad and Chase

My Mom made all of the grand kids these sock monkeys
(in honor of my Dad...He loved sock monkeys!)
She made each one specific to the grandchild it was for.
Thomas' was a soccer monkey.

Tyler's monkey had a scout uniform on with glasses, and he was even in a wheelchair!

My Mom also made dress ups for most of the grand kids. All of the little girls got these too toos, and a headband to match.
Bella, Brooklynne, Anna, Carly, and Cecilia

Tyler got his favorite Crayola Color Explosion.

Thomas and Landon got these Knight costumes.



Little Drew and Tyler

Jenny Mom and Courtney


Uncle RB and Thomas

This was the view from bedroom window. The Eden Valley is so beautiful, this scarcely does it justice!


The kids were in the hot tub several times a day!


One of my favorite things is Snow shoeing, and the hike we went on was so fun!

Eden Valley

Jenny, Brennan, and Erin

Jen skiing down the mountain.

Jenny, Janet, Erin, and Brennan

Janet, Jenny, Brennan, Erin, Courtney, and Emily

We also had a paper for each person, and we all had a chance to write on each persons and let them know the things that we love about them.
It is one of my most prized possessions!


The Karaoke Contest!


Brennan was the overall winner!!



4 comments:

Genevieve said...

Looks like so much fun! The picture of all you on the bed is my favorite. Love those Erickson girls!

Jen said...

what a great memory!!

The Bornies said...

Oh my gosh!! We were up there too! It really was beautiful up there this year! Glad you and your family had fun.
Love ya,
Sonni

Alison Wilde said...

What a blast this was---I'm so sad we weren't invited!! Your family looks wonderful. Tyler and Thomas are so lucky to have both sides of parent come from fabulous families! Also, thanks for your darling Christmas card---loved it!